WHAT IS ANANDA YOGA?
“The yoga postures are designed to promote and to harmonize the
flow of energy in the body. The perceptive hatha yogi, understanding this truth, will endeavor to become conscious of his energy, and will use the postures and breathing exercises as a means primarily to developing this awareness. For awareness is the first and most important stage towards gaining control.”
THE PRIMARY GOAL OF ANANDA YOGA
“We find that the whole system of hatha yoga is a very important tool for reminding us of our inner nature, and for strengthening that nature. Through increased awareness, we gradually become aware of the body on a spiritual level. Eventually we become aware of spirit without the body“.
— Swami Kriyananda
HOW DOES ANANDA YOGA EXPAND BEYOND “WESTERN” YOGIC PRACTICE?
The Use of Affirmations
AIMS AND IDEALS OF ANANDA YOGA
- Offer the universal teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda and Swami Kriyananda, as they apply to yoga. The ultimate goal is “Ananda”: inner bliss.
- Provide a high standard and professional Yoga Teachers Training, creating excellent teachers who hep to spread light in our society.
- Spread knowledge of how yoga helps to achieve radiant health.
- Explore the almost infinite potential of the mind and applying it to the postures.
- Elevate the Soul, making concrete steps toward Self-realization.
- Help to unite modern science and ancient spirituality.
- Take practitioners on the universal path of inner elevation: IN and UP.
- Enjoy the freedom from all dogmatism.
- Find happiness in the happiness of others. Students are more important than the school.
- Create a magnetism as yogic family, of expansive joy, love, harmony, inspiration and personal freedom, all lived with authenticity and spontaneity.
ANANDA YOGA ACADEMY
- One for experienced practitioners who want to take a path of personal and professional growth and become TEACHERS.
- One for practitioners or for those wishing to broaden or deepen the study and knowledge of Hatha Yoga (philosophy, anatomy, pranayama, bandha, routines).